New Patient Information
Over the years, I have focused more and more on helping people with chronic, difficult to treat conditions. My goal has been to help them improve their health and how they feel.
The work that I do may not be what you will typically find in a routine doctor's visit, nor is it what health insurance plans are used to dealing with.
Because of the nature of my practice and the demand for this type of work, I have found it necessary to use an application process.
Before you fill out the application, please review the following information.
Terms and Payment Policy
1. I cannot be your primary care physician. Please retain a primary care physician for your routine health needs.
2. I do not do hospital patient visits.
3. I do NOT file insurance. I am not a participating provider with any health insurance company or managed care company. The time I spend with a patient's care, both in the visits and in additional time, will not be billable to insurance.
4. I am not a participating provider in MediCare. If you have MediCare as your primary insurance, you will NOT be able to file for reimbursement for your office visit. It is also possible that they will not cover any lab that I order.
5. I am not a participating provider in MediCaid. If you have MediCaid as your primary insurance, you will NOT be able to file for reimbursement for your office visit.
6. Your first visit with me will take place in the clinic. Due to my travel schedule, subsequent visits will more than likely be done by phone or some other form of audio/visual method.
7. I use outside labs who will often bill your insurance company for the lab testing.
8. As a new patient, you will pay for my services through an annual contract. With this contract, you can pay a monthly fee that covers each annual plan. You will be subscribing for a year at a time.
9. I base my fees on $500 per hour.
10. You will be agreeing to a new patient contract for 6 hours (for a total of $3000) to be paid in 12 monthly installments of $250 per month. Please understand that sometimes the initial 6 hours are used before the actual $3000 is paid. In this case, your card will continue to be billed $250 monthly until the $3000 total has been paid, and any subsequent visits during that time will be billed at the rate of $500 per hour at the time of service.
11. You may cancel the contract at any time however, your card will continue to be billed until the services rendered prior to that time are paid.
12. The initial visit will be in clinic.
13. The contents of the application will be sent to me for review. If you are accepted as a patient, I will set up a contact account for you through a secure portal called UpDox. Once I do this, you will receive an email notification with information on accessing this account.
I will send you the paperwork to fill out and bring with you to your first appointment.
I will also send you a SAMPLE copy of the Annual Contract and additional reading material.
I will send you the date and time of your appointment. Please contact me through the UpDox account (or call Lisa at 501- 514 - 7253) if you need to change the appointment date/time, and/or with any questions.
14. To better understand what my understanding is of chronic disease and how to recover, I suggest that you read, "Zero Point, Where Worlds Collide and Autism is Born". This is available on Amazon, both in print and in Kindle format.
I hope that you find your path to wellness, whether it brings you here or takes you in another direction.
Betsy Hendricks MD
Arkansas Center for the Study of Integrative Medicine.
New Patient Application
To receive a NEW PATIENT APPLICATION, please contact us at: email@example.com or by calling 501-514-7253.